Thursday, June 16, 2011

Thursday Thoughts - Perfect Family Photo

As I sat last night and watched Boston win the most coveted trophy I realized that the photo that gets taken right there on the ice is a moment that they will never forget. Now I'm not going to compare how winning the Stanley Cup and Weddings are similar (as they are not) but when they all gathered to get their team photo taken with the cup at center ice I thought to myself that that is the perfect family photo. I heard numerous interviews with the players talking about how their team is like a family. They have such a long season and then to go through 4  rounds of playoffs all 7 games, they have a bond that could never be broken. For those of you who know me, know that I did tear up during the celebration last night. I am a tried and true Flames fan but I was pretty happy when Boston won! Literally blood, sweat and tears go into winning that cup and when the player skates to center ice with Lord Stanley to initiate the photo, it is like a dog pile. They are pretty much right on top of each other and all smiles. Though they might be toothless smiles covered by a giant playoff beard, it is an awesome photo! Do you think that if I brought the cup to my next wedding while doing family photos that the reaction would be the same?? :) Everyone so close and a smile from ear to ear. Somehow I don't think it would have the same effect unless it was a hockey family.

Congrats Boston!! 39 years in the waiting! Calgary will be next year!! :)

As I can't blog without photos, I have added some of the pictures I'm talking about from previous years so you can see what I'm talking about.

Boston 2011



Chicago 2010

And because I couldn't post without a photo of Calgary 1989

Enjoy every moment of your glory Bruins and I hope that all those riots in Vancouver don't overshadow your celebration!!

No comments:

Post a Comment