Friday, June 24, 2011

Thurday Thoughts on Friday

Oops, I'm a day late in blogging, sorry! I have a bit of a personal blog for you today, Yay!!

I have been a bit caught up in working in the yard with Mark. As you know in Calgary you never know what the weather is going to do so when you wake up in the morning and the sun is shining you have to take advantage of that.

If you know me at all you know that I do not have a green thumb at all!! I love flowers and having a beautiful yard but I am just hopeless in keeping it up. Either way Mark and I decided to clean up our front yard a bit this year. We have added stone around our front tree with some little flowers and then again around our front bay window. Adding stone isn't as easy as you would think it to be. Lego has led us on, thinking that building something simple is as easy as snapping it in to the large green plate. Thankfully I have an awesome husband who takes the time to do the job right! And now we have a great looking front yard that we are both proud of.
It is so exciting to me watching these flowers grow, I almost feel like a proud mama. Who knows if everything flourish's this year maybe next year I will attempt a vegetable garden :)


These photos were taken with my little point and shoot, nothing fancy.



 

 
Jergnome finally has a home!!!! I have had this gnome now for about a year and a half and he has spent that time at the back door looking out longingly. Well Jergnome you are finally happy in your dirt! :)

1 comment:

  1. Tell Mark that he's more then welcome to come and help Jon and I lay stone for our fire place :P
    Great job, looks fantastic!

    Jana

    ReplyDelete