Monday, February 15, 2010

Yoga Challenge

So for those of you who don't know, for the past 25 days I have been doing a yoga challenge, I am coming into my final week and felt that I should share part of my experience. First of all you are probably wondering what the heck is a yoga challenge? Basically in black and white you challenge yourself to take 30 classes in 30 days, but Kathryn, my crazy partner in crime, and I knew that with playing basketball and having a very hectic schedule that 30 days is a row was setting us up for disappointment. We had talked to a couple of teachers in our studio and they told us that the challenge is more of what you challenge yourself to achieve. We decided to do 6 days a week with 1 day off, and after day 26 we are thinking about continuing into March.
About half way through we were told that our practice was so strong that we should be giving our bodies a bigger rest, although that was an amazing compliment, we had a goal in mind and are set to achieve that! I'm actually sad that we only have a week left of our challenge because I don't think that I have ever felt better in my life! I love the bond that both Kathryn and I have built over the past couple of weeks and I don't think that I could have done this without her. She really is a true inspiration and seeing her smiling face at 5:30 in the morning made me remember why I was there!

More to come but for now, I had an inspiring moment and just wanted to share!

And because a photographer's blog would be weird without a picture here is a photo of Kathryn and me at one of our many epic basketball tournaments.


No comments:

Post a Comment